Monday 1 October 2012

So much Freedom with just one Gadget

Samsung Galaxy Note II - Discover - Three

It is not too often these days, that you can buy a device, that throws out a lot of clutter. The combination of the new Samsung Galaxy Note II, and a 3 network One Plan is just that.

Have a look at this video first



Save Money
I have gotten rid of Sky monthly. I have basic Sky Freesat to get excellent pictures, it cost just £170 once for a lifetime. I have a Panasonic 3D LED TV with Wifi and a Sony 3D Blu-Ray player. That means I can get both LoveFilm and Netflix (total £10). They come from the Samsung Galaxy Note Wifi Hotspot feature which is like the router. To get a film plan from Sky you need to spend £80 and have a year contract. I spend £40 for my phone, internet, and a lot more.

Hacker Safe
I actually have other old androids in sync, or tethered, all over the place, as radios, diaries. This unlimited tethering and internet Plan, and Note gets better when you realize that you can disconnect it all from the net very easily. It is really funny as all the gadgets turn off as I leave the house because the Wifi does not reach them. So I have no hackers turning on my PCs as they used to with a land line connection. Also I have a random IP address. So it is very safe.

Non Stop Free Streaming
No more annoying talk and ads. I love 70s music and I get it all free. I listen to Sky.FM, and get exactly the tunes I want in my car, non-stop with literally one ad an hour. What is really awesome, is that the Note will turn down the music volume, everytime the Google SatNav gives you turn by turn instructions, in eloquent Oxford English. That is great.

Beats a Hasselblad anytime
It gets better. You will see how easy it is to put stuff on the net, when you clip with the pen, or use the Twitter Apps like Seismic and Instagram. All that Astrology stuff and news I write, is done when I am out and about, with the Blogger App. I am not stuck behind my PC that shouts "you have to do things my way". I am usually inspired in bed, or odd places, like the toilet. I type it with just one thumb. It is fast and very efficient. It is so thin and light I have room for a spare battery in my pocket. Nothing, literally nothing else does this. You want to take a picture, you get a massive preview screen much bigger than a Hasselblad ever had. It is fantastic. And in one second it is all on the net. No Leica or Nikon or Canon does this.

Best Browser in the World
But for me the best tool is the Dolphin Browser. It has a free addon that makes it stay in full desktop browser mode. With the Note you do not need a mobile browser. You see it all just like a PC browser. You can literally have a nice big screen you can comfortably put on your lap, and not get sore arms like you do with the tiny screens on other smaller phones. If you have bad eye-sight or need to do a lot of photography and image manipulation nothing touches the Note.

Take notes on a Phone Call
But the easiest most practical use is taking someones phone number whilst you are on the phone. On the Note you just hit the memo and you literally scribble it on it like it would be a piece of paper and the person is on the phone at the same time. It is really handy in the rain.


No comments: